CorrLinks is a privately owned company that is dedicated to making the lives of prisoners easy by letting them communicate with their friends and family. CorrLinks operates Trust Fund Limited Inmate Computer System (TRULINCS).
What is CorrLinks
This computer system assists federal prisoners and provides them with the services to send and receive emails to their loved ones. However, these email messages are closely monitored; there is no direct access between the inmates and their families or friends.
Moreover, people who are communicating with the inmates from outside the prison don’t pay, but inmates are required to pay to use CorrLinks to connect to their families. CorrLinks services are filling the gap that separated prisoners from their dear ones.
Step by Step Guide to using CorrLinks
- To use CorrLinks, one must register.
- To register oneself, open CorrLinks official site and click “register” if you are not already registered.
- You will be redirected to the email and password page where you must write your name, make your email address, and your password.
- You will receive an email/invitation with inmate identification code. Once all the categories from name till identification code are filled, you are good to go.
- You must use the same email for CorrLinks where you got the email of identification code, or else the system will not work.
- After registering once, you will only be required to use your email address and password to access your CorrLinks account.
- However, Inmate Identification Code is what you will need to compose an email for an inmate. Once you get the Inmate Identification Code, you can add that particular inmate with you.
- It usually depends on the operating staff when they will finally deliver your email to an inmate after checking it thoroughly.
- You must click on the option of “Enable Email Alert” to avoid checking CorrLink daily to see whether an inmate has sent you an email or not. By choosing this option, you will automatically be notified of any received email.
- You will receive a verification email from Web@CorrLinks.com. There will be a link of sign up verification link. You must click on that link to go further.
- You will be redirected to the signup page where you will be required to fill in your details.
- Click “Next”, and you will be redirected to your CorrLinks account page.
How to send an email to a prisoner:
- After you are successfully taken to your CorrLinks accounts page, you must click on ‘mailbox.’
- There will appear a page with icons of inbox, new message, send, and draft message.
- Proceed by clicking on ‘New Message’
- You will get a page on your screen with To, Subject, and Message categories.
- Click on ‘To’ box to get to select an inmate you want to send a message to. After choosing an inmate, click ‘OK.’
- Compose a message and click ‘send’ to deliver it to the inmate.
- However, keep in mind that you must wait for a day or two to compose a message if you get the notification of ‘Pending Approval’.
Does CorrLinks have an app?
To make it easy for their users, CorrLInks have their apps available for iPhone, Android, and Google store.
Can all inmates use CorrLinks?
No, not all the inmates can use CorrLinks since it is primarily made for inmates imprisoned by Federal Bureau of Prison. However, FBP is trying to expand its services to various state prisons.
Is there a word limit for a message?
Yes, 13,000 characters are the maximum limit for a CorrLinks email.
How much does it cost to use CorrLinks for inmates?
Inmates are required to pay $0.05 per minute for the use of this computer system, and they may print messages at the cost of $0.15 per page. Sending a message to someone can cost up to $0.30.
How long does it take to receive CorrLinks messages?
It takes at least 24 hours for an email to be sent or received.
What is the identification code for Corrlinks?
Identification code is the code that you will receive in your first email. It is a unique code that will be of vital use to send or receive a message from an inmate.
Further information is given below